Dhaka International Mobile Film Festival (DIMFF)
Become a Campus Ambassador
WHAT IS CAMPUS AMBASSADOR PROGRAM?
Dhaka International Mobile Film Festival (DIMFF) has launched Campus Ambassador Program for aspiring youth all over the country and beyond. Under the banner of Media Studies and Journalism department of University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB), this outreach program promises to build a bridge between ULAB and the other campuses. The aim is to inspire the youth to be a changemaker in their institution by promoting different aspects of global and local opportunities to the students. This opportunity will bring out the Leadership quality in them through positive communication and showcasing the apt for responsibility from a very early age.
Enthusiastic and passionate students throughout the world who are capable of leading youth forward, this is their platform. All around the year, DIMFF arranges different workshops, screenings, talks, internships for the students. Ambassador from each University/School will represent DIMFF’s activities in their respective institution. Campus Ambassador Program is a campus-based global opportunity to discover a platform which provides equal, free, and easy access to unlimited openings to young people from all across the world. Grab the opportunity to be a part of a Greater Platform.
We will schedule an online interview. Please read the eligibilities carefully before applying.
- Share published opportunities in DIMFF website in different social media groups.
- Help to organize a workshop at the respective institution.
- Partnership with club/forums of the respective institution.
- Encourage students to participate in various events and activities organized by DIMFF.
- An ‘Ambassador shall voluntarily plan and execute campaigns and events to raise awareness and to promote DIMFF in their respective institutions and local communities.
- Become a part of the international platform.
- Developing Leadership quality.
- Opportunity to meet with the other ambassadors from different institution.
- Will get invited to the Dhaka International Mobile Film Festival.
- Opportunity to receive a Recommendation Letter from the Festival Advisors & Director.
- Certificate on successful completion.
- Receive a token gift from the DIMFF.
- Get a chance to take part in Internship Opportunities.
- Recognition on the official page of DMIFF.
- Build a network with top leaders and resource person of the respective arena.
- Age between 14-24 years old.
- School student as young as 9th grade to University 3rd year students are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must know the organization and its purpose.
- Actively involved in Co-Curricular activities.
- Actively involved in different clubs of his/her respective universities.
- Having the ability to balance professional life and educational life.
- Must be committed to be the Ambassador for One year, which will be renewed in April for next term.
Click to Apply Now
Open Door Category
Anyone from any region can submit films shot on a mobile phone. Selected films will screen at the festival, and the best film will get the ‘DIMFF Best Film’ award.
Vertical Film Category
Anyone from any region can submit films shot vertically on a mobile phone. Selected films will screen at the festival, and the best film will get the ‘DIMFF Best Vertical Film’ award.
Short Film Category
Only university students of the Undergraduate or Graduate level can participate in this category. Selected films will screen at the festival, and the best film will get the ‘CinemaScope Best Film’ award.
Mojo Story Category
Only university students of the Undergraduate or Graduate level can participate in this category. Selected stories will screen at the festival, and the best story will get the ‘MSJ Best Mojo’ award.
One Minute Category
Only grade 1 to 12 students can participate in this category. Selected films will screen at the festival, and the best film will get the ‘ULAB Young Film Maker’ award.
- Directors/makers of the films/stories can be single or group (maximum four persons).
- Only the directors/makers can submit their films.
- For the Short Film and Mojo Story Category, the participant must have a student identity card valid till March 2023.
- For the One Minute Category, the participant must be a grade 1 to12 student with a student identity card valid till March 2023.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of two films/stories.
- Films/stories screened or participated in other festivals/competitions are also welcome.
- Films/stories submitted in previous seasons of DIMFF will not be accepted.
- Films/stories must be shot on a mobile phone (cell phone/smartphone) for all categories. There is no restriction regarding the phone’s brand, model, and operating system.
- Multiple mobile phones can be used in a shooting; however, usage of footage(s) shot by any other device(s) such as DSLR, compact cameras, or hybrid android cameras will disqualify the entry.
- Use of additional equipment is allowed, including (but not limited to) external microphones, lenses, lighting tools, and tripods.
- All films/stories must be submitted in .mov/.avi/.mp4 format.
- Use of Computer Animation/VFX must not be more than 30% of the total duration.
- Stop motion animation using mobile phone cameras is acceptable.
- Any device or software may be used in post-production, such as video and audio editing, color correction, and special effects.
- Any duration can be submitted in the Open Door category.
- The film must be within 10 minutes for the Vertical Film category.
- The film must be within 25 minutes for the Short Film category.
- The story must be within 3 minutes for the Mojo Story category.
- The film must be exactly one minute, including the title and credit line for the One Minute category.
- English subtitle is mandatory and should be merged with the visual.
- There is no restriction regarding the theme or topic. All genres are welcome.
- Use of any copyrighted materials is prohibited unless written permission.
- Nudity, profanity, extreme violence, or racist content is not allowed.
- DIMFF will preserve the right to archive, publish and use submitted materials for academic, commercial, and non-commercial purposes.
No entry fee is required for students.
Submission deadline is
September 24, 2023
Late submission will cost
USD 30 (Open Door Category)
USD 20 (Vertical Film Category)
USD 15 (Short Film Category)
USD 10 (Mojo Story Category) and
USD 5 (One Minute Category).
No submission will be allowed after
October 24, 2023
- Acceptance notification will be sent by email on December 24, 2023.
- The organizers may disqualify a film/story if they have reason to believe that it does not comply with the competition’s terms and conditions.
- Selected films/stories will be screened at the festival venues on February 3 & 4, 2024.
- DIMFF reserves the right to withdraw the awards at any time if there is a formal complaint regarding a violation of intellectual property rights or any rules of the festival.